Monday 1 September 2008

The Streets (not the band - if you were hoping to read of the latest exploits of Monsuier Skinner et al, please, accept my apologies).

The London Streets are frustrating places to exist, partly because of the epidemic of co-existents, and partly because of the unholy amount of time it takes to cross them, but mainly because there are just so bloody many of them.

Before moving to London I often heard people remark on their being 'just so much going on' down here. In my experience however, without wanting to shatter that golden image, there usually isn't. Today I walked along about 100 of those bloody (see above) streets, and I can report that on only one of them was anything going on. It is fair to now describe that one street as 'saturated' by various versions of a 'CalumCMechie - CV.doc', however so hopefully something will come of that (I feel it is important to clarify here, given the title of this Blog, that today the goal of Knowledge Entrepreneurship took something of a backseat - I just don't feel that beer dispension at J.D. Wetherspoon's, however necessary and estimable, deserves that moniker - due to pragmatic concerns such as rent payment, hence the little more than cursory reference to the quest for employment).

Another subject that deserves attention, but possibly on a later date when doubtless more ammunition will have been supplied, is the London Overground Service to Hackney Central (the station that best services the dust-ridden warren I currently call home - again more later, perhaps once I have outstayed my very generous welcome). 

On all of this and more expect to hear again soon, until then friends Arrivederci.

p.s - it would help me muchly if you could all (or both, whichever is more realistic) could click on the London English Tutor link to my right here from time to time. Thank you.

No comments: