Monday 20 October 2008

CMSTTM

Well, I am now Calum Mechie Sole Trader (some might want to argue that in many ways I have been Calum Mechie Sole Trader for some time, but that would be churlish). As a company (that's right 'company') we (yes 'we') have business interests in a number of diverse areas ranging from Tele-Research - NOT sales! - to Tuition. If you think this sounds like my relativley little resources have been spread too thinly you would be wrong, frankly.

This in spite of the fact that I have also attained a life-goal in that I am now employed by the eminent Institute of Higher Education that is London's University College (7th best in the world incidentallY). Interestingly on that note: it is often said that the important thing in job-seeking is to get your foot in the door; my question then is has there ever been a more unlikely rise from that of Graduate Fundraiser to the Chair of English Literature? Probably not...

All this time waiting for one job and now many (really many since I have now been signed off by the police and am therefore able to Tutor at will) come along at once. What a happy day this is!

In other news last week I saw (amongst others) Prime Minister Gordon Brown and the feted Olympians Chris Hoy, Rebecca Adlington and Christine O-hoo-roo-drugs. Not too shabby I'm sure you'll agree... Ah London: where the streets are paved with Gold (nice eh?).

No comments: