Monday 29 June 2009

Chapter 2.

Well folks here it is, a day I thought (not thought exactly, hoped?) would never come.
The job search... restarts. Oh yes.

It appears that the credit crunch affects even the fairly modest ambitions of a lowly Knowledge Salesman such as (somewhat aspirationally, even hubristically) myself. A lot has happened in the last six months or so, to the economy of course not to me. Petrol's down, Pick'n'mix is dead and the 10p bag of crisps has become an economic impossibility (I ripped that joke off Kevin Bridges, who's pretty funny).

Fortunately, since I am fuelledby non of the above (at least not directly anyway) things in my own little sector of the market jugged along with 'the global economic downturn' a mere fart in the wind. That said, it's (nearly/finally) the school holidays now and I imagine it would take almost super-human powers of parental persuasion to get a child sat (innocently obviously - I've got disclosure - although, disgustingly, the boss of one of the Tuition Agencys with which I WAS affiliated is currently on the run under the disturbing moniker of 'The Radioactive Paedo' - property of Daily Mail, Sun et al) opposite me pen and paper in hand. As a result, I am down to a paltry three hours per week of tutoring supplemented by a few hours of telephone based charity mugging under the ambiguous guise of 'Alumni Services Representive'.

The fun (in the sun) down here, as you can no doubt tell has literally never-ended, which begs the question why end it?

No comments: